01 02 03 Bookish Wanderess: Favorite Books of 2016 (So far!) | Bookish List 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Favorite Books of 2016 (So far!) | Bookish List

34

favorite-books-of-2016-so-far


In this post, I will talk about the books I have read in 2016 and that I have loved the most. When I talk about my favorite books of 2016, it doesn't necessariably mean they were released in 2016, it's just that I read them in 2016. Also, I'm not counting re-reads, because I only re-read some og the Harry Potter books and that would be unfair to the other books. So here are the top 5 books I have read in the first half of 2016. 


A-Court-of-Mist-and-Fury-Sarah-J-Maas A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas 

I have talk about this book in a few posts, mainly about the new characters and the couples that developed in this book, I just feel like all the little problems I had with the first one were fixed. Honestly, I haven’t read a book as good as this one in a long time. It was full of romance, magic and character development, which are all things I love. I can't wait to read  the next book in this series. 

Sisterhood-Everlasting-Ann-Brashares
Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares 

I have said this before, but I was not expecting what happened in this book  This book broke me and it put me back together, only a little worse for wear. It was equals part heartbreaking and beautiful. I loved reading about the characters again and I loved the fact that even if it was a deeply sad book, it was still very simillar in style to the other ones  that were more fun, quick reads perfect for summer. 


The-Girl-Who-Kicked-the-Hornet's-Nest-Stieg-Larsson
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

The main aspect I enjoyed about this series and about this book in particular is the  complex, intriguing and fascinating characters that Stieg Larsson created. I especially loved Lisbeth Salander. Furthermore, I also loved the journalistic investigation aspect of the book and the way all the pieces of the mystery finally were discovered and woven together.  (Here's the post were I talk about why you should read this series) 


The-King's-Men-Nora-Sakavic
The King's Men by Nora Sakavic 

There were two main things I liked about this series (I read all three book one after the other and I loved them), the first one was the unique elements of the plot (a competition of a fictional sport and organized crime fammilies all in the same story) and the second are the complex and diverse characters. 



Twenties-Girl-Sophie-Kinsella
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella 

I went into this book without knowing what to expect, because the premise sounded ridiculous; nonetheless, once I started reading it I fell in love with it. I really liked the subtle romance, the writing style, the 20's references and the relationship between Sadie and Lara. This is a very funny book, but one thing I will tell you, if you are gonna read this book, be prepared for secondhand embarresment... and a lot of it! 


Have you read any of these books? Did you enjoy them? Which books are your favorite so far in 2016? 

Labels:

35 36 37 38